Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My first shopping ban slip up

Yesterday I worked on planting our late summer garden.  We agreed that even though this wasn't a "necessary" expense, it's not really shopping and impulsive either.  And since the garden will provide food, we don't feel that it falls within the shopping ban restrictions.

I went to the local hardware store for organic soil to build up the raised beds and some seeds and also bought several packets of flower seeds.  At the time it didn't even occur to me that flowers are "fun" and definitely part of the ban.  In fact, I didn't realize my mistake until after I had planted two packets:(

I have three packets of flower seeds left and I'm going to return them.  It's only about $6 but this experiment isn't just about the money, it's about changing our thought process when shopping.

No comments: