Friday, August 6, 2010

Feather Headbands


Bella and I have been obsessed with feather headbands for a few weeks. We've spent hours sitting together looking at feather creations on Etsy. I love something like this...

Bella loves something like this (I'm not exaggerating either, this is her favorite)...

She's been begging me to buy her one but since I'm cheap, I thought we'd make them ourselves. We got a bunch of different feathers at Beverly's (our local craft store), some black felt, and headbands from Walmart. We watched a few youtube tutorials together, heated the glue gun and got to work. Here are our creations...
We're both really happy with how they came out. We're keeping the ones we're wearing and the others are going to be gifts. Now we're on the hunt for different kinds of feathers and of course, outfits to coordinate with each of the headbands:)

(Actually, I'm wearing one tomorrow for my in-laws' anniversary luau. I know peacock fathers don't really fit the Hawaiian theme but a feather headband is the perfect accessory for my otherwise boring outfit.)

1 comment:

Jona Giammalva said...

Those are gorgeous!! I love the touch of bling you added!