Tuesday, June 1, 2010

15 minute altered t-shirt

I saw Anthropologie linked on three different blogs this week (literally). Believe it or not, I had never looked at the site and have never been to the store so I didn't get what all the fuss is about. Then, I got sucked into all of the ruffles, pleats, flowers and other feminine details and started planning my dream wardrobe.

So, on Sunday morning, before meeting friends for breaky, I did a 15 minute Anthro-inspired ruffle alteration.

Started with a nice Lands End tshirt that I never wear even though I like the color a lot. I cut a 1 1/2" wide strip of fabric and serged the edges, ruffled it up and then just sewed onto the tshirt with the strips getting shorter in length as I worked my way down. Here's a close up...

I really like the way it turned out and plan to alter a few more shirts. I think it looks a lot more special than a plain ole tshirt (like I'm wearing today) but not hokey handmade. There's a fine line, you know.

This week is super duper crazy at Crafty Mama Creations. I'm busy preparing for a Baby and Children's Fair this Saturday in addition to my regular sewing for my part-time job. Of course, I also have to make sure everyone has clean underwear and at least gets Lucky Charms or something similar for dinner (that's for you Beth H.!). I've been whipping up lots of new inventory and will share pics later this week. Of course, anything that doesn't sell on Saturday will be added to the shop by Sunday so definitely check in this weekend.

No comments: