Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wow, has it really been two weeks since I've posted? As you might have guessed, things have been busy. I been working extra hours at Carters and I also picked up a little work from home job doing some sewing for a local seamstress with a successful business making accessories and some items for the home. All this workin' hasn't left a lot of time for blogging or making stuff for myself or shop but I did manage to fit in two handmade gifts.

First, an apron for my boss at Carters. She's picky and our tastes are usually completely opposite. I stressed so much over this. I initially picked out some fabrics from Sandi Herderson's Meadowsweet collection in lime, teal, and orange and then thought that may be too much for her so I scratched that and went with Amy Butler. Her mom got her a teal and orange kitchen rug that matches my initial idea so now she wants to see the other apron too. Go figure!

I couldn't resist adding a shabby flower to the pocket. I know it's more me than my boss but since I made the gift, it's ok for it to be a little me, right?

Next I made this sweet little outfit for Matea's friend, "School Bella". To be completely honest, it was made out of necessity. I had a lot of birthday gifts to get this month and no extra budget so I had to be resourceful and make things when I could. I had a bunch of this Amy Butler fabric and got the cotton tank top for $3 at Walmart. So for about an hour of my time and just $3, an adorable, one of a kind little girls' outfit. Her mom loved it and I can't wait to see her in it!

I'm going to be spring cleaning my shop this morning and adding a few more items to the clearance category so be sure to check out the updates!

No comments: