Monday, February 15, 2010

Easy Tank Top

I recently tested Jona's new apron pattern (I'll share more on that tomorrow) which forced me to get comfortable with bias tape. I rarely use bias tape in sewing because it just seems like so much work when really, I think it actually makes things quicker and easier.

I used a tank swing top from Carters as my guide for drawing this pattern. Just two pieces of fabric with bias tape around the edges and on the straps. Couldn't be easier and it only took about 30 minutes!

I definitely see some adjustments to make next time. I think the top needs to be a little narrower and the arm holes definitely need to be smaller.

But overall, I think it's cute, comfortable and only took about a half yard of fabric for a size 6 so it's affordable too. It's really warm here today so I'm avoiding turning on my iron but I've promised Matea a top like this for her and I promised myself I'd list another new bag today too.

1 comment:

Marie said...

That is so cute Kelci! I think you did a great job. I am jealous of the warm weather you're having. And I LOVE the new bag you just listed too!