Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can't a girl catch a break?

Remember how I broke a molar on my birthday last month and was totally freaking out about having it removed? Well, a full month later, I notice that part of it suddenly isn't healing properly and there's something white and hard poking out of my gums. Crafty Papa apparently watched some kind of info. video while I was having the surgery and he told me he thought it was a piece of bone sticking out. Say what?! I tried to pull it out with tweezers but that hurt so I had to go back in today. Pops was right! It was a bone shard that had worked its way up and was irritating my gums. So, the doctor had to yank that puppy out and now I'm stuck with another bloody hole in my mouth. Breaking the tooth and having it removed was bad enough, can't the universe cut me some slack and let me go without bone shards?

We're still working on unpacking the last few boxes at the new house and found out that we have two roommates...a pair of skunks! There's no other way to say it, this seriously sucks. We noticed our friends the very first night we slept here. We both woke up in the middle of the night and heard scratching and rustling around loud enough that it sounded like the house was being broken into. Crafty Papa did some investigating and determined it was an animal under the house. After two and a half weeks here, we've been woken up every single night with the exception of one. They get under the bathtub and go crazy. Steve said they were actually scratching the tub the other night while the girls were in it!

During his detective work, Crafty Papa figured out that the animal wasn't a racoon or possum like we thought, but a pair of skunks. And trust me, you can smell them! We're working with the landord to keep them out but figuring out when they leave isn't easy and means Steve is up until the wee hours of the morning, waiting to hear them. Seriously, I've had to go back to renting and squeeze all of our crap into a smaller house...isn't that enough without a pair of nasty critters living underneath me?

Enough with the bitching. I have been sewing and have a few things to list tomorrow. Life has been super busy and I'm having problems balancing everything. I'll be back with new stuff and a better attitude.

1 comment:

Magnolia Fern Studios said...

Man life does sound rotten, hope the tude turns for you soon!