Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Favorites

First, before the faves, if you haven't signed up for my newsletter, you really should do it today. I'm going to be starting a really big sale in the next few days and newsletter subscribers will be the first to hear about it. And by big, I mean that I'm going to try to clean out my entire shop by the end of the year and start fresh in January. So you can expect to see some really good prices and maybe even some new items that haven't been listed yet.

1. A Very Special Christmas circa 1989. This is hands down, the best Christmas cd ever. We used to listen to it all the time when we were kids and I was reminiscing to Crafty Papa about it a few days ago. I couldn't remember the name of the cd so I described the cover artwork to him (oh yeah, almost 20 years and I still remember) and told him Run DMC had a song on it. And then I said, "Make it happen" and drove away. He brought it home that night:) His coworker, who doesn't really strike me as the Christmas music type, had vol. 1 and vol. 2 but I'm not ready to stop listening to the first one and move on to the second one yet.

I've been nice enough to type lyrics from the songs to my friend, Shanna, while we're having our morning MSN chat. I saved this morning's for her so I could share it in this post. "Run so loud and proud you'll hear it, it's Christmas time and we've got the spirit."














2. My new apron. Seriously, how cute is it? And yes, I'm standing on my girls' tooth brushing stool in the bathroom to get the pic in a dirty mirror. I have no shame. I'm selling a few aprons this weekend and wanted to wear one myself to show how cute they are. I picked out this Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabric because the bright green reminded me of Grandpa's green socks.
























3. Bare Minerals Lip Dip trio. This is the coolest thing. It's a clear chapstick that you can dip in any minerals color and turn it into a tinted lip balm. I think it's $24, so a perfect reasonably priced gift for a girlfriend.

2 comments:

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

ah, yes, my mom has that christmas cd :)

good luck this weekend!!!!!! can't wait for the big sale!!!

KelsyC said...

love the apron... so cute! and bare minerals is the best make up ever! I couldn't live without it! ha ha