Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Cuties




I finally finished the girls' Christmas outfits yesterday and for once, everyone was pleased. Definitely not my first choice in fabric - I like something a little more funky and less traditional - but, it was on clearance, has a nice weight to it, and Bella liked it.

If it were up to Bella, she would have a huge, princess tulle and taffeta number but since we just do a small, tamale Christmas Eve, I really prefer something more casual that can be worn to school, etc. I used Jona's Edith skirt pattern but eliminated the second under layer. It ends up looking a little too heavy on Tatey because she's really petite so I went with something lighter but still twirly.

We went out to our neighbor's guitar performance at a local coffee shop last night and both girls confirmed that the outfits had adequate twirl.

3 comments:

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Adorable! Just adorable!

Julia Ladewski said...

so cute!! great job!

Marie said...

They are adorable! The outfits turned out great...but now I just started to panic cause I don't have anything for my kids to wear for Christmas. Oh well...