Saturday, November 22, 2008

Addicted to Love

Like so many others, I have become completely wrapped up in reading "Love for Nie" and her sister, Courtney's blog. I found the blogs just after Stephanie's crash and I check them everyday. I usually end up crying a little, and pitifully recounting the stories to Crafty Papa. Last week, when Courtney posted about Stephanie's first phone call with her children, I bawled like a baby. And a few weeks ago, when she woke up and sat up for the first time in months, I felt excitement as though it was my own sister. I can't imagine what that family has endured but it's been so amazing to be involved in the recovery, even if it's just to a remote degree, reading about it on the internet.

Christian and Stephanie's story is such a great reminder to focus on the happiness and love in your life instead of all of the negativity. Nie was able to do that even before the crash that almost took her life. Her blog was so full of appreciation for her children and husband and finding happiness in the day to day monotony of motherhood and marriage.

So, tonight, instead of being annoyed that Bella's bitching about popcorn, Matea's trying to physically fight with her, and Crafty Papa is making me watch an off road desert racing movie, I'll just be thankful to be in the same room as them.

No comments: