Monday, August 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I'm back home after a long weekend Scrapbooking Retreat in the mountains near Big Bear. This was my first time away from the girls, the longest I've ever been away from Matea has been 3 or 4 hours. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed meeting some of my online friends in person but I was really missing my babies by yesterday and was ready to be home. When I walked in, Matea threw her arms around my neck and said, "I missed you Mommy!". She couldn't stop hugging and kissing me and telling me she loved me for the next two hours. It was one of the sweetest mommy moments ever.

































I know I stick out a full head taller than all of the other ladies but I swear I'm not that tall. I'm only 5'8", not a giraffe by any means, so they must just be a bunch of shorties. It's weird, I didn't notice it all weekend and then when we were taking a group pic right before leaving, I realized I was towering over everyone.

I'm happy to say I completed all of the page kits I took and am now all caught up on all of the books I work on. And from now on, you should address me as "Grand Prize Champion" - I won the biggest prize of the weekend, a $50 gift card to Michael's. And I was lucky enough to win another $20 gift card for a sketch challenge so I get to go on a little shopping spree.

Tomorrow is my 8 year wedding anniversary. I need to make a card for Crafty Papa tonight (remember, last year he welded an awesome card for me) and tomorrow we're taking the girls to McLintock's for dinner for the first time and then maybe we'll head over to Michael's and spend some of my money.

I'll get back to sewing soon too. I have a few custom orders to complete this week but my new Pop Garden fabric just arrived from Jona this afternoon so I'm hoping to play with it a little tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Congrats on winning the prize! What are you holding?
5'8" is pretty tall-to me anyways-I'm a real shorty-only 5 feet tall so pretty much anyone towers over me. To be your height would be a dream...

Tonya said...

How sweet that Matea missed you so much, those are the moments that make mothering worth all the work : )

Congratulations Grand Prize Winner!!!!

And I agree with Marie, 5'8" is tall. I am also a shorty at 5'4" : )

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

Just so you know.... I actually completed 28 pages and 4 cards :) Yours just weighed more than mine, hee hee!!!! Can't wait to see what you get with your prize moneys! And have fun at McLintocks- love that place!