Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hey Swappers

It looks like Tonya is the first person in our swap to receive her handmade item and it is fabulous! Heather did such a great job - I love the style and the pattern combo. And where on earth did you find that humongous ric rac?! I love it!

If you're participating in the swap, don't forget to have your item to your partner by the end of this month. I need to get crack-a-lackin' on mine soon.



You may have noticed I haven't been listing much lately. I've spent a lot of my week getting ready for our big community yard sale tomorrow and Saturday, and my freakin back is killing me again. Four hours in the car on Tuesday and another 3 hours in the movie theater last night didn't help either. And that brings me to my next topic...

The "Sex and the City" movie. Crafty Papa and I went to see it last night and we were both disappointed. I guess the movie itself isn't that bad if you aren't a big fan of the show. But we've both seen every episode several times (he reluctantly half-watches it with me) and I consider myself some what of a "Sex and the City" expert. The movie doesn't at all live up to the show. Very overly dramatic and not nearly as funny. I think I watched two different previews/trailers for the movie online and they pretty much give away the entire movie. I swear that I had already seen part of every scene on the internet and there were really no surprises in the story line. The first thing I said to Steve when it was over was, "I wish I had never seen that". I thought they had wrapped up the series nicely and maybe it was a mistake to make a movie. The one bonus was seeing Chris Noth on the big screen. I don't think I ever really noticed how handsome he is until his eyes were several feet tall and were staring straight into mine. All the groups of women who were there seemed to love it though and were clucking away about it in the bathroom. So, I'm not saying it's not worth watching. Just go in with really low expectations if you were a fan of the show.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Good Morning! I so enjoy your blog & also love all the lovely things you make on you etsy shop! In fact I just added you to my favorites list!!...but I must take issue about your comments about the "Sex and the City" movie.......It was absolutely wonderful!!! I can't think of a thing that could have made it better!...You are so entitiled to your opinion, but for me it was terrific!...have a good weekend!...Heidi :)