Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We interrupt this sewing schedule...

with an injured back. I guess I hurt my back somehow and I'm unable to sit at my sewing table, or really anywhere for that matter. I went to the doctor this morning because I thought it was a kidney infection and I was up until 2:00 this morning in pain. Anyway, he's not positive what is going on but thinks it's an injured back versus something internal so I guess that's good news. I'm hoping I'll see some improvement tomorrow and can get back to work. Wait, now that I think about it, the ceiling in my craft room is being painted on Friday and I have to pack up a few things and push everything toward the walls so I don't know how productive tomorrow will be. I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have some kind of sale tomorrow so I can ship stuff to you rather than find a protective place to store it on Friday. Yes, that's a good idea. Check back tomorrow or later tonight for details. And I still have a few more items left over from this weekend's event that I need to get in the shop including some really cute baby gifts and a few oil cloth market totes.

Next issue...freakin shipping costs went up again. I did a little research last week and the USPS website was strangely vague about what would happen with priority mail rates. They confirmed rates would change but indicated it would be in the shipper's favor. Not so much. I had quite a bit of shipping to do this morning and every package was more expensive. So, now I'm considering these tyvek envelopes rather than boxes.
























I would continue to put the bag inside of a heavy duty plastic ziploc inside of the tyvek envelope. What do you think? Keep shipping costs down and use the envelopes or continue to use the boxes and raise my rates? Voice your opinion in the poll to the right.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I use tyvek envelopes to keep the cost of shipping down for my customers. I've been hoping no one minds and no one has complained yet...knock on wood. I think it's a great idea. Those envelopes are still supposed to be waterproof, so they should work fine.

Tonya said...

I hope your back feels better soon, Kelci.

Lori said...

Kelci, I have back issues and it sucks! I really hope you are feeling better soon.