Sunday, May 4, 2008

Updateorama

1. Tired mama. I worked so hard all weekend trying to make up for our hotel time. Too bad I only listed one bag so you guys didn't really get to see the result of my efforts. I made 5 bags, two dresses and more burp cloths, onesies, and bibs than I can count. I also did some staging prep for the event this weekend. We went to Big Lots and found some plain long rectangular planters for $3 each. I picked up some red and periwinkle spray paint and Steve took care of painting them for me today. The onsies, burp cloths, etc. look so cute rolled up in them. I'll try to take pics this week to share with you.

2. The swap. I'm soooooo excited to see some interest. And I think we have a good mix of creative people from different backgrounds. So far there are six of us including myself. I'll leave sign ups open until this Tuesday and then email a short questionnaire to everyone. Please email me at craftymamacreations@gmail.com so I have a current email address for you. I really think there are so many possibilities for this swap...a purse, apron, painting, tin filled with handmade cards, home decor, oaper bag album etc. Can't wait to see what everyone makes.

3. Family life. It's looking like we're back home for good. I told Crafty Papa that I'll sleep on the front porch before I go back to the hotel. Tile should happen at the beginning of the week and then carpet cleaning and putting the bathroom back together. Then we just have to wait for approval to paint a few more ceilings and replace some doors and frames. My heart starts pounding when I think about the painters stirring around in my craft room. I may need to take some kind of tranquilizer when that time comes. Anyway, that means I should be back to my regular sewing schedule this week so you should see more frequent listings from me.

No comments: