Thursday, May 22, 2008

I've been tagged.

I was tagged by Jen from roxybonds-scrappin.blogspot.com. So here's what I need to do:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog .

7 Facts

1. I'm very much a creature of habit. I do everything the same exact way every day. In the morning: Get out of bed, open kitchen blinds, make coffee, drink coffee while surfing the web and neglecting the children. Shower: Always wash hair first, then face, body scrub, shave, rinse. Grocery shopping: Start in produce, end in bread. Even with my sewing, I do everything the same way, every time. For instance, when turning a strap inside out, I must be sitting. If I happen to be standing, it feels completely unnatural and I have to go sit.

2. I frequently stand with one leg bent, foot resting on the opposite knee. I mostly do this while prepping food, etc. in the kitchen. I look like a flamingo and it bugs the crap out of Bella and Matea.

3. I'm a HUGE fan of "The Office". I own seasons 1-3 on dvd and watch them while I sew. I log a lot of sewing time so that means I've seen every episode at least 30 times and I'm not exaggerating. And I frequently quote the show in conversation with Crafty Papa. Yesterday I said to him, "Well, maybe next time you'll estimate me, Jan!" and it was totally relevant to the conversation. And it made Crafty Papa laugh which isn't an easy achievement.

4. I cycle through extreme motivation and absolute laziness very quickly throughout the day. For instance, right now I'm being totally lazy, drinking my coffee and blogging while in the recliner with heat on my troublesome back. In about five minutes, I'll get up and blow through the house like a tornado making beds, doing dishes, prepping breakfast, cleaning counters, etc. in about a 10 minute time frame.

5. I'm known as "the healthy mom" at school and among my friends which is pretty funny since I was raised on a diet of pizza and diet pepsi (my mom is so going to be pissed if she reads this but it's true). I'm not exaggerating at all when I say I had never had broccoli or asparagus until about three years ago. Never. Now I'm growing my own broccoli and asparagus is one of my favorite veggies. I still love me some diet pepsi but we eat a lot of whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, organic, grow our own herbs and veggies, eliminated chemical cleaners and make our own instead, eat hormone free dairy, poultry, meat, etc. We rarely eat things from a can or box and never as the main part of meal. I am regularly horrified by the crap the other moms bring for school snack (except for Lena who is fairly healthy too - except that she does let her kids drink soda - but she knows I would never judge her - actually I totally do judge her about the soda and lots of other stuff - Lena, lets discuss this on our weekend retreat:) )

6. I'm a pretty open and honest person. Maybe you've noticed? There aren't really any topics that are off limits for me. I think it's good to talk about things and good to have friends who you can be yourself with. Shanna, Keels and Lena can verify that I seem to be missing my self-censoring valve. Honestly though, I'd much rather have a friendship where you walk away thinking, "Did she really just tell me about _____?!" than "Man, I wish we could talk about something other than the weather". I think hiding your experiences and feelings just takes too much effort and if you're offended by my sharing, maybe we shouldn't be friends. See, I was just open and honest and shared my feelings right there.

7. I have known my husband since I was 9 and he was 10 years old. I still have moments where I look at him and wonder how in the hell we ended up married. I think we have a really good marriage and have no doubt that we'll grow old together (if he doesn't get annoyed with me and kill me before then) but I just can't process how we got here. We were complete opposites growing up and I had absolutely no interest in him ever. We rarely even spoke. I broke up with a long term boyfriend on a Tuesday, went out with Crafty Papa on Saturday and we've been together since. Actually, 13 years this month. It's funny, I would have laughed my ass off if someone told me I'd end up married to Steve Gonzalez and be a very domestic stay at home mom. But now I couldn't imagine life any other way.

So, here's who I'm tagging:

1. Tonya
2. Marie
3. Jona
4. Jenni O.
5. Lori
6. Shanna
7. Lena (go ahead, update your blog)

4 comments:

lena rushing said...

just to be clear, by soda she means hansens no sodium, preservative free, caffine free ginger ale or tangerine lime.i would never give them coke or anything unless we're at a restaurant in which case they can have sprite. kelci thinks they call her ,"healthy mom" at school but really they call her...umm... something else ( : i'm kidding.

Tonya said...

you totally crack me up, Kelci!!!! Yes, I have noticed how honest you are ; ) I like honest people though, even brutally honest ones because you always know exactly where you stand with them.

And I stand with one foot on my other knee too! lol

Marie said...

Kelci-you are so hilarious! Hmmm...brutally honest? That would be exactly how I would describe you and I think that's why I love reading your blog. That was quite interesting learning those things about you!

KelsyC said...

That's right! You are an Office lover too!!! Every time I stick in a dvd DH is like "You're watching that AGAIN?" Yes thankyouverymuch I am! Can't wait until new episodes!