Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's a dress. It's a top. It's super cute.






































































This is actually a size 12 month dress but I think it looks super cute as a top on Matea who wears a size 18-24 months. I just got this fabric in the mail from Jona's shop this morning and it ended up being a little brighter than I expected. I'm thinking too bright for a bag (for most people's taste anyway) but perfect for a fun and funky toddler dress.....errrr, top....both. I'm thinking of listing these at $22 for the event this weekend and listing them as 9-12 months dress/12-24 months top. Is that stupid?

Here's something stupid. As I've said before, I have no concept of patterns. So, I was checking out Tonya's blog this week and saw this gorgeous top she made in a size 14. I commented and said she definitely looks more like a size 6. Turns out she is a six. Um, I guess patterns run funky in sizing for whatever stupid reason and a size 6 is really a 14. I'm a size 10 so doing the math, I would need a size 156 in a pattern. Not gonna happen. Did I mention Tonya has seven kids and looks like that? Yeah, now I really feel stupid.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Kelci, you look great! And a size 10 would be a 16 in pattern sizing, not 156 LOL I am a 6-8, definitely leaning more toward the 8, so the top would be an 8 since I used size 14. I know, the numbers can be upsetting, I just replace 14 with 8 in my head LOL

Jona Giammalva said...

That is so cute! I know what you mean about that print, it's pretty bold. But I do think it would look cute on a bag (maybe just as an accent somewhere).
Have you tried shirring on the necks and sleeves of your peasant tops yet? It's way faster than putting in that bias stuff.

Kristi said...

How cute is she??? Love that fabric!

Betsy said...

That top is darling! It's a good thing I don't have girls! I wouldn't do anything but sew clothes for them! Maybe I'll have granddaughters some day!

Anonymous said...

I just started sewing for myself after taking a 20 year break. I know whatyou mean about pattern sizes - yikes! I'm having trouble getting used to being a "size 14". :)