Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We're still alive

The construction here is really wearing on my nerves but we're still alive. So far, I've been able to keep up with my regular sewing schedule but it looks like we'll be staying in a hotel at the end of the week. I'll take a break from sewing for a few days then and plow through the new book I'm reading, "Friday Night Knitting Club".

I finished this custom order last night for my friend Kristi. I believe it's her birthday gift to herself for her 30th birthday that she celebrated a few weeks ago. I think it's such a great idea - totally hers, I'm not that clever - to do a black and white bag with interchangeable sash ties. Hope she likes it.







































I got more fabric in the mail yesterday with a little surprise from my friend, Jona. A few months ago, she had posted an adorable outfit on her blog with the cutest little birdie fabric ever. We were all dying to know where she got it and she told us it was a sheet (or curtain, I can't remember) from Pottery Barn. Anyway, she included a nice size cut of it in my package! I was so excited and feel like I've won some kind of award. The last time she sent me a surprise, I got chewed out for improper usage so I'm feeling kind of nervous about sharing what I did with it.

Nothing too special, but I love it! Just appliqued a circle of birdies on this plain $5 tshirt from Walmart. Now I want to put appliques on all of my tshirts (which I wear pretty much every day) and am resisting the urge to go to Walmart right now and buy a shirt in every color.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Woo Hoo!!! I LOVE it!!! It's exactly like what I had pictured in my head. You are a genius.

Marie said...

That bag turned out really cute. It's the perfect everyday bag because of the black and white print and the interchangeable sash/ties are brilliant! Good idea Kristi! Maybe Kelci will offer some in her shop now?

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Awesome bag and adorable shirt! (oops almost left out the 'r' there)! LOL! And that book, man . . . does it sound interesting. Was it a best seller? Hee . . . .

ENJOY KRISTI and happy 'belated' BIRTHDAY!

Jona Giammalva said...

That bag is beautiful!

And I'm so going to copy that shirt (and you are free to do whatever you want with the fabric, in fact I'm curious to see your "vision" of it)!

Tonya said...

Love the purse and the shirt : ) Enjoy Friday Night Knitting Club, I read it a while back and really loved it.

bethtrue said...

cute cute; very cute!!