Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lesson of the Day

I just got back from lunch with the fam and a conversation I overheard from the table next to us has prompted me to teach you all a lesson. I'm sure most of you already know this, but I'm irritated and feel the need to blog about it.

Monograms and initials are not the same thing. My name is Kelci Nikole Gonzalez. My initials are KNG, my monogram would read KGN. The man next to us at lunch went on and on about some special wooden box he had received with his initials engraved on it. He told the gift givers that they had gotten his initials wrong (his initials are RCA and it was engraved RAC) and they told him that the engraver told them this was a fancy way of doing initials. It's called a monogram people! Don't ask me to embroider initials. I won't do it. If you're going to have something embroidered, it really should be the person's monogram. It's classic and sophisticated. The initials...not so much.

Ok, and on a similar subject, remember how I was going to sell my embroidery machine to help pay for my new sewing machine? Well, part of the "deal" my mom worked out with me includes getting to keep my old machine so she can call on me to embroider stuff. Of course, that means I'll be able to continue offering embroidery to all of my customers as well. Thanks mom! You guys should thank her too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Glad someone "gets" the whole monogram thing!