Thursday, March 27, 2008

So Long

We're leaving first thing tomorrow morning for a three day, 6-7 hour each way car trip. Matea doesn't travel well...and neither do I. The only place we ever really go is to visit our families and that's only 2 hours away. She spends the last half hour trying to get out of her car seat, open her door, and screaming "ooooouuuuuttttt!". I feel that way a half hour after leaving our house. Something about not being right next to a bathroom makes me have to pee. And listening to Bella's constant chatter for 6 hours straight will push me over the edge.

So, I'm trying this idea from a customer/blog commenter, Marie. If it doesn't work, I'm blaming her. Marie, be warned, you will no longer be eligible for any theoretical gold stars if I hear one peep from my kids on the way to the southern tip of California. And for the rest of you, please don't read her blog. You'll probably find her to be more crafty than I am and certainly nicer. I can't risk losing any readers.

I've spent all day preparing enough snacks that we can eat all the way to San Diego and back, unpackaging and wrapping little toys and trinkets for the above idea, packing 12 changes of clothes for each child for each day, and trying to focus on our stop at Ikea tomorrow afternoon rather than the being trapped in a car all day.

Before I go, I'm throwing an idea out there for feedback. I'm thinking about ordering these custom shirts for me and my girls. Thinking I/we could wear them to some more casual craft fairs or just during the week. You know, someone will see it and ask what Crafty Mama Creations is and I can say, "Well, since you asked...". Vote in the poll to the right. I already know Lena will vote no. Too cutesy for her. Maybe too cutesy for me too. Haven't decided.















































Don't forget that tomorrow is the last day to get in on the repeat customer discount. One catch though, I'll be away from the computer from tomorrow morning through Sunday afternoon so you'll have to wait for your revised invoice and shipping. I believe this may be the longest I've gone without internet access and I'm afraid that it will make me mentally unstable. Dr. Shana, I'm going to need your home phone number for a crisis call this weekend. Or maybe Dr. Heather is available?

5 comments:

Marie said...

I'd give anything to go on that road trip tomorrow...San Diego is where we moved from to TX. Anyways, be forewarned that I mentioned it's not good for the weak stomach with all of the moving around with that game, at least it was for me anyways-blog about it when you get back. I'd like to see what you come up with. My Bella is a constant chatterbox too and it makes me crazy.

Marie said...

Oh-I forgot about the shirts...I like the idea for the kids maybe, but not so much for you. I bet if you just carried one of your original handbags, that would draw enough attention to prompt people into envying it and demanding to know where you got it, etc...

Natalie Stewart Graham said...

I like the shirts idea....I would recommend just having them say Crafty Kid and Crafty Mama without the company name at the bottom. I think it is more likely to encourage questions and you might actually be able to sell t-shirts like that at craft fairs. I want one, now that I think about it! Anyone who works with you or helps you at a craft show, should also have to wear one:) I have Polka Dot Whale baby t's and hats and they sell well and cause people to ask questions when Emme wears them. I am thinking of having t-shirts made for my Baby Fashion Blog, too. I gave away logo t-shirts at a celebrity event and they were snapping them up for every kid they knew. I also have some shirts for myself and am even thinking of having my car painted like a Polka Dot Whale (okay, well, that might be too much, but it's an idea, right?...) Have you tried using that transfer paper you buy at the office supply store to make shirts before? It works very well...In summary, my opinion is that having your own woman-owned business is all about shameless self-promotion if really want to be a success...you have to live, eat, & breathe your business, so you go girl with those Crafty Mama t-shirts!

Natalie Stewart Graham

Shana said...

Ok, too funny. Better give you the crisis hotline number just in case I'm not home. And maybe Dr. Heather could actually make a house call given her location...lol

heather_elaine27 said...

Well Dr. Heather can be "on call" tomorrow, but be warned that I might be temporarily unavailable, as I'm attending the spring sale at J. Nicolbees in Chowchilla. No worries though - between me and Dr. Shana we've got you covered! =)