Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I can't believe it

I really thought sock monkey's girlfriend would sell right away so I can't believe she's still sitting in my shop. My mom was here yesterday morning when I was listing her and asked if I ever have a hard time with listing things instead of keeping them for myself. I told her that I would occasionally notify "the public" via my blog that an item would only be in my store for a week and then I would keep it. Without fail, items with this distinction have always sold within a few days. I'm only giving Ms. Monkey until Monday and then she's mine.

I really didn't feel like sewing this afternoon. Matea's junky cough has finally found it's way to me and I really just wanted to sit in the recliner and watch tv while drinking hot peach tea. But, that would also mean listening to Bella's constant chatter - and I really do mean constant, the other night she talked to me for 15 minutes straight and I didn't respond once, didn't phase her at all - so, I set her up with her huge box of makeup and "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" movie and headed into the craft room. As you can see, I can't seem to get away from the Ginger Blossom line. I have to say that I think it's the best fabric line I've seen in a few years. Easily better than the current stuff Amy Butler's putting out. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. I used to be a huge Amy Butler fan but lately, not so much.
















Ok, just a few more quick things. I added some new "stuff" on the right. A poll, because if you know me, you know I like to ask random questions. And a calendar of my "events". Not everything on there will be an actual event but if for instance I'm going out of town, I'll list that so you don't have to sit by the computer all weekend like you usually do, waiting to see what I'll list next. You can see I have a Spring Sale listed for tomorrow so make sure to check out my shop in the morning. I've been on a huge fabric buying binge lately and have to make room for all of the fabulous new bags I'm going to be making. I think I got about 15 new yards in the mail in the last two days! I'm going out of town next weekend and will be in the area of several Ikea's so I'm going to pop in and see what fun fabrics I can find.

Ok, and now very last. First, had to tell you guys that the other night, Steve brought Bella into the craft room to say goodnight and she said, "Mommy, I just wanted to ask you how you're feeling about your new sewing machine." How sweet is that? In case you're wondering, I love it! And really last, Crafty Papa and I went out on our first date in YEARS. Yes, years! We went to his work Christmas part this year and last but I don't count that because to me, a date doesn't include 10 of his coworkers and their wives. Anyway, my mom was in town, stayed with the kids, and Bella took this pic of us before we left. She's pretty handy with the camera, don't ya think?

No comments: