Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First bag ever...

with my new sewing machine! So, of course after thinking that I might be able to get the machine soon-ish, I wanted it now. My mom called and offered to work out a deal with me so I could buy it now, I said no, and then changed my mind and decided I would take advantage of her kindness. Thanks Mom! I had trouble falling asleep last night because I was so excited.

I had limited time to work with this afternoon and thought I should start with a simple bag design on my first run. I ended up really like the end product so I plan to make a few more like this tonight.

















The machine has some really pretty decorative stitches that I think will look adorable on the hem of those peasant dresses I've been making. I want to do one of those tonight too. Hmmm, maybe I need to skip my workout and stay up all night.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

aren't moms the best?