Saturday, January 5, 2008

Naughty and Nice



First, the nice. Here's the adorable little twirl set I plugged yesterday. Really, could that skirt be any tinier? I just think it's so sweet and playful. And it almost (ALMOST) makes we want to have a tiny little baby in my arms again.

Now, the naughty. A tree fell through our house last night. Not on our house. Through our house in three different places. Why am I telling you this? 1. Because reality has sunk in this morning and I'm totally freaking out and really sad so I could use some well wishes. You all know I'm a stay at home mom, so we're on one income (besides my little Etsy money) and really have no wiggle room for an event like this. Sure, insurance will pay for it but we have a deductible just like everyone else and it's looking like we'll have to pay out of pocket for a lot of expenses and then try to be reimbursed. And 2. The damage is fairly extensive (you can see pics on my family blog... www.bellamatea.blogspot.com) and I'm thinking we may have to stay in a hotel for a bit during reconstruction. That means I'll be away from my sewing stuff and will have to take a break from listing.

Oh, and I almost forgot to share that Kristi is definitely the winner of the "best birdie feedback" post. I don't think anyone could even make up that many birdie connections. Haven't decided yet what to send you...is your house decorated in a rustic style? I could make a lovely tree trunk cozy for the branch in my hallway...or the one in my bedroom...or the one in my bathroom...and send that your way. Actually, don't laugh, but we're going to try to preserve a slice of the tree or something and display it in our house somewhere. Every time I look at it I'll either be thankful for our safety or really sad about all of the damage and money.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Well, if that little outfit doesn't just add to my wanting for a little girl...(sigh)

Thanks for picking my comment..but really - don't send me anything - you have enough to worry about...like a freaking TREE in your house!