Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For the birdie haters

So, now that I'm going to be famous and have to stop speaking to all of you, I needed to come up with a better hang tag (I've just been using my business card) and label. Since all of you were so helpful (not), I had to plug away at it last night and come up with my own design. After about an hour, I finally got a product I was happy with and my husband said he thought it was cute but I should use my own original artwork. He suggested I do a generic heart. Really? After 7 1/2 years of marriage, Crafty Papa thinks a heart would say me?

I had two cans of diet pepsi yesterday so I guess I was feeling particularly ambitious and decided to draw my own artwork. And what says Crafty Mama better than a cute little birdie? So, I whipped this up. Wanted something that looked playful and not quite perfect (just like me, I'm so close to being perfect, just not quite there). Picked a kind of hand drawn looking font to go with it, and here you go...























My label kind of matches, white background, black outlined birdie on the right, "Crafty Mama Creations" on the left in green and the whole thing outlined in a dotted black border. Go ahead, pat me on the back.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Kelci, I think that is so cute! Of course, I like the birdies. Congrats to you on your new business opportunity!!! That's awesome! (Sorry I couldn't help out with the design...that's just not my forté!)

Jona Giammalva said...

Pat pat pat. I figured I better give you your pat while you're still speaking to me.

Jenni said...

love the birdie...totally you.:)

Andrea said...

Oh my heart! that is so cute!

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Oh my . . that is TOO cute! Love the birdies!