Saturday, December 8, 2007

My first recon





Craftster is one of my favorite websites for all things crafty. There are some amazingly talented ladies there who must have children who sleep all day and night because they're able to create some really cool, detailed projects in the blink of an eye. Anyway, taking an old garment and reconstructing it into something new for your child is really big there and this is my first stab at it.

Started with an old favorite Old Navy gray t-shirt, cut it into an a-line, narrowed the sleeves, added lettuce edging and then gathered the neck opening. I'm not loving the lettuce edge but I didn't really know what else to do with the neck. This was my first time doing it so maybe I just need to play with it more. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though. Bella tried it on for me with minimal fight and is still wearing it now without any type of bribing.

1 comment:

Keeley Kirwan said...

Bella is too cute!! Great Idea!!