Monday, December 24, 2007

He's watching you






I love the owl's expression on this fabric. I know he's saying, "What are you looking at, nosey?!". This will definitely be my only listing for the next few days. We're busy preparing for guests tonight (hubby is cooking tamales from scratch!), we're redoing our backyard, and if he knows what's good for him, Crafty Papa got me scrapbooking goodies for Christmas so I'll be busy tomorrow playing with my new stuff:)

And speaking of the backyard...sharing some pics of before and "in progress". We've lived here for over 3 years and have been talking about what to do in the backyard for the entire three years. Our budget was roughly $0 so that sort of limited our options. Steve has a customer at work who has a landscaping business and has been telling him for a few months that he had free brick for us. So, after getting some Christmas money from my dad and stepmom (Gracias!), we took the plunge and had the brick put in yesterday. All of the materials were free, we just paid $250 in labor and got a free bench and chair out of the deal! I love the new furniture and want to paint it a really bright, fun color like red and lime green but Steve vetoed that idea immediately. Anyway, we still have work to do. Need to arrange all of the furniture and the kids' crap and plant some stuff along the side of the house and back dirt area. But, we're sitting outside enjoying the yard as I type this so I can definitely say it's a big improvement already.

2 comments:

Jona Giammalva said...

Congratulations on your new patio!! And the furniture has a lot of character already (but I'd want to paint it too just for the fun of it). I would love a brick patio, so rustic looking.
We had a patio poured (concrete)about 1 1/2 years ago and it's so much cleaner now (no more mud being trapsed in the house), and I love sitting out there on our porch swing watching the kids play.

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Awesome new patio! And yay on the furniture . . I am not a painter so I would leave them as is. I like that rustic look! LOL!